I have always loved the refreshing taste of mint. Especially when the weather is sweltering!
It’s been hot, hot, hot recently, and I really needed to cool down. So I concocted this Honey Lemon Mint Tea, combining mint with our family-favourite honey lemon! I was able to do this at the spur of the moment, thanks to the fact that I have mint readily available from my herb garden on my balcony! You can read more about my efforts to grow a herb garden here.
This post is about the Honey Lemon Mint Tea. Obviously for something like this, it a recipe is more a guide than an exact science since everything can be adjusted according to taste. This however is how I made mine. Enjoy!
- 600ml Hot Water (approximately 3 cups)
- 1 handful of freshly-picked Mint Leaves
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 4 thin slices of Lemon
- Ice cubes
- Place mint leaves and lemon slices in a jug.
- Pour the hot water over the mint leaves and lemon and leave to steep in hot water for at least 10 minutes
- Stir in honey. Add more if necessary, to taste.
- When honey has dissolved, top up the jug with ice.
- To serve, add ice and a slice of lemon to an empty cup and pour in the honey lemon mint tea. Top with mint leaves.